Harvest Decoration

 Well maybe I should have given this post the titel "Funeral Decoration" but I don't think that would have been the right choice. This decoration or actually these decorations are not designed for funerals but for Autumn, Fall or Harvest.

My Mom's funeral was yesterday and I made these to give a little something uplifting in the entrance to the restaurant where her Wake was held.


I chose these because she wanted yellow Gerbera for her coffin. The Eucalyptus leaves are a internal family thing and the Pumpkin was chosen to symbolize fall (one of the songs we sang is a psalm about fall, death and resurrection) and because she would have loved it.

The pumpkin is the Filigree Pumpkin Lantern from Svg Cuts and is cut from Vanilla AC Cardstock. The stem is cut from brown Bazzill Bling Cardstock. and the panels are embossed with a Darice Wood Grain patterned embossing folder. I put a string of fairy lights inside.


The Gerbera flowers are from Lia Griffith and are cut from AC Cardstock in Honeycomb. I inked the center petals with Spiced Marmelade Distress Ink from Ranger to give it some life and used some light green glittery floral tape I had in my stash.


The Eucalyptus leaves are from Maison Gregoria. They are super easy to make but time consuming - especially when you don't watch the tutorial video before inking the leaves 🙈 Oh well....I'll be more careful next time 😆 I used AC Cardstock in Peapod and inked it with Distress ink in Peacock Feathers, Pine Needles, Faded Jeans and Dew Drop Brilliant Moonlight White.


I hope it did the job - don't think many people noticed it but my Sister and I knew they were there and Mom would have been pleased.

Thanks for visiting today

💜



 

Comments

  1. So Sorry to hear of your mother's death. Hope your heart is filled with nothing but good wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paulette. It's was for the best. She suffered with a tumor in the brain and have had cancer in the lungs etc. some years back. She was not affraid and she was ready. :-)

      Delete
  2. I likewise am sorry for your loss and how these things rock our worlds. Hoping you find peace and comfort and remember the love and good times that endure. You take care of yourself, you special lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss Helle! The decor pieces are beautiful and I hope that you were able to find a touch of peace while making them.
    Know that I’m thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your talent and your strength Helle. And your work is outstanding, everything you do is incredibly beautiful. You show your skills, but there's so much love on your creations. Love you my dear friend, thank you so much for the time you take to share your gifts with all of us. Priceless...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts