Fall Wreath with Sunflowers

 Hello there!


Just poppin' in real quick to show you the Fall Wreath I made, complete with leaves, Sunflowers and a bow.

The cool thing about this wreath is that EVERYTHING is paper. No wood or styrofoam.

I got the file for free as a part of a challenge in a craft group on Facebook: Silhouette Papier Creaties

It is a private group so membership must be applied and it's all in Dutch. Apart from that is all fun and games and every month they have this challenge (no prize besides the glory) where the admins find or create a file for you to make and when you place your finished projects picture in the album (made for the occasion), you are entered and compete with all the other beautiful editions. Then by the end of the month a winner is chosen by a selected member (usually last month's winner). All for the fun and our love of creating with paper.

And now here's my entry:


Created solely with AC Cardstock in fall colors and patterned paper on the wreath (very hard to see I admit - so many leaves) is from Photoplay's Autumn's Orchard collection. It's a plaid pattern 😀

I used a Leaf Vein Embossing Folder (I forget the name of the manufacture) for the leaves and inked them with coordinating color Distress Ink from Ranger. The Sunflowers are also inked but only on the light yellow petals in the center and the stamens are also inked. Finally I added a bit of chunky brown glitter to the centers of each flower for a little ekstra.

A really fun project. The cutting and the inking is time consuming but straightforward. The choosing of paper is the hardest - unless you only go with cardstock. Oh and placement of the leaves gave me a bit of head scratching too but apart from that  - really easy 😆

Now I'll crawl back into my cave to....no actually I have to do chores now. 😒 Not liking it but there's no one else to do it so I gotta.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend and I'll see you (hopefully) Wednesday 

💖

Comments

  1. This is so pretty! I love the bright colours you used and the inking. Who would believe how much difference the embossing makes to the leaves. Thank you for sharing your beautiful artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! I don't have patience to do that kind of stuff ..plus my hands
    don't like to cooperate every now and then....thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts