Carnivorous plant

 .....and it's not even Halloween 😁

I spent a huge amount of time lately trying to plan which projects to do next. My conclusion is that I cannot plan something like that 🙈

I've rid my house for all Christmas and as always this time of year, I want some fresh, spring-y and minimalistic decor - as opposed to the cluttered Christmas decor.

So I decided on making some new un-killable, un-drownable and un-outdryable (is this even a word? 🤔) plants. 

You know my go-to place for this is Maison Gregoria and this time is no exeption. I decided to make the cute but deadly - that is if you're an insect or spider - Venus Flytrap:

I have always had a special place in my heart for this plant. I've tried keeping several but they always die - maybe from overfeeding or....yeah over-watering or drying out. I do not have green thumbs.

This one will last and though it may not rid me of those pesky flies or spiders, maybe it will scare them away 🤭


I used Copy Paper 160 gsm for this project and I sized it down by 50% of the original. I have never seen Venus Flytraps as large plants and it only makes it more cute when downsized.

I used Ecoline Watercolor and Distress ink plus White Dew Drop ink.

I added three tiny dots on each petal to resemble the small trigger hair on the plant.


Finally I used a bit of Mod Podge on the inside of the petals to make them look juicy and sticky.



The only thing I would need now is to figure out a trap mechanism so when a fly sits down to rest, it will be trapped.....Hmmmmm 🤔

Thanks for joining me today :-) Now on to something a bit more complicated but still in the Plant Kingdom ;-)

<3





Comments

  1. This is amazing! You are amazing! Just when I think you cant outdo yourself you always do! Lovely, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind comment. It surely made my day <3

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness That is absolutely INCREDIBLE!! Well done you and Thank you so much for sharing X X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts