May Flowers

 Wow! It's been a while since I have blogged. I'm actually not sure if I want to keep doing it but for this post it seems handy. Blogging seems to be a thing of the past I'm affraid. Not many people really bother to click the link and go to the blog anymore. Sad! Especially since we, the bloggers, go through such lengths to take decent pictures - setting everything up just right - and spend quite the time writing the post. 

Oh well! We'll see what happens. As I said, this time it's very handy as for this project I'm about to show you, a lot is going on and I want to tell you a little bit about everything :-)

I have been away for a while it seems, but it's only been due to me making this project 😉

 Ok so with no further ado, here's the May Flower Bouquet:


This bouquet consists of 5 different flowers and foliage - all by Maison Gregoria.

But first I want to present the cute Milk Can from Simply Crafty SVGs:

It's made from AC Cardstock in Vanilla and patterned paper from Graphic 35's French Country. I inked the edges with a light brown Distress Ink.

I really love how easy this was to put together and how cute it looks. Not the last time I make this! 

Then to the flowers. First the Anemones:


I used 160 gsm paper for this and black Majestic paper for the stamens. The middle disc is a small wooden disc I found in a local hobby store and painted it acrylic paint.

The petals are painted with purple and blue watercolor (Ecoline). Then I inked the bottom part of them with a more reddish purple Distress Ink (Seedless Preserves) and finally I rubbed some white ink here and there but especially on the edges for a more lifelike look.

Pretty right?



For this flower I used a thinner paper - 130 gsm - to make it easier for myself to manipulate the paper. 

I inked the edges and the center of each petal with a pink Distress Ink and inked the rest with a light yellow/creamish color ( Dried Marigold) so it didn't look to white.

The stamens in the center are painted with a brown watercolor (Ecoline)

I really enjoy the outcome of this one - looks so delicate and fragile.

Then I made some Daisies:


This is a very easy flower to make and is fun to use in all kinds of bouquets.

I made mine with 160 gsm paper which I inked in the center with a yellow Distress Ink.

The stamens are painted with a yellow watercolor (Ecoline)

Simply easy peasy 💗

The I made some Columbine Flowers:


For these small delicate flowers, I used 160 gsm paper which I painted with purple watercolor (Ecoline).

For the center petals I used a white/creamish soft pastel to brighten the purple for the flower to be dual toned.

The stamens are also 160 gsm paper - these in a soft yellow color which I kept so no painting.

I am so in love with these. I used to have columbines in my garden when living with my Ex but now I will have to settle for these paper ones. That is ok - they don't need water or tending 😉

Finally I made some Amato Roses but I couldn't get a decent shot of these and I've made them several times before so I you want a closer look af them, you will find them in a previous post :-) 

I made them in red for a little color pop here and there.

Also I made no leaves on the flowers as they tend to be in the way when arranging a bouquet. Instead I made a bit of foliage like the Chasmanthium Lantifolium:


These were so easy to make.

I inked them with a Pink Distress Ink and painted small lines with a white ink.

They are somewhat difficult to place in a bouquet but I think I managed. They look great with a few Columbines in a vase too.

The grass is made from the leaves of the Narcissus Fortune Flower. I altered them a bit, making them thinner and bit longer. Then I glued them onto a piece of floral wire and stuck them in the bouquet here and there. I used 130 gsm paper in a dark green.

So there you have the project I've been working on for a while now. Looks fantastic on my dinner table. Can't wait for someone to come over and see them ;-)


Oh and I had a few spare flowers that are now on my coffee table for me to enjoy.


Thanks for stopping by today. I really appreciate it. So much more fun to make all these projects, if there are people who appreciates to look at them.

💜

Now onto that other project I have lying around.....😆





 

 







Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by :-) I'm glad you like the flowers :-)

      Delete
  2. BEAUTIFUL! I love flowers, but do not have the patients to make them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I didn't think I would ever have to patience for it either but here I am ;-) Thank you very much for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  3. i was happy to visit your blog and have you share this beautiful arrangement..huggzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gail - I'm really happy you stopped by :-)

      Delete
  4. What a work of art. PS - I love reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Becky :-) I hope you will keep reading mine :-)

      Delete
  5. These are really gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the links and your description. I’m blown away on your attention to details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! It's hard to believe the flowers aren't real!
    I know what you mean about blogging. Everyone seems to be doing videos these days. Personally, I'd much rather look at pictures and read, but that's just me. I've been trying to work up the courage to do a video but it just isn't happening for me. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle :-) I do not have the courage to do videos - never ever!

      Delete
  7. You’re projects are always amazing and inspiring! Thank you for sharing your creativity. I love reading your blog and seeing your beautiful photos of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much for your kind words - that really made my day <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts