Pink Poinsettia

 Christmas is approaching so very fast and I'm having a bit of a rough time to keep up 😅 but isn't it always like this? For everybody?

Anyways - this year I decided that due to lack of space, I will try and control myself when it comes to making too much Christmas decor 😁

And what luck that I found some projects that take quite a bit of time to make. I won't be out of stuff to make 😉

The first project is this darling Pink Poinsettia from Maison Gregoria:


This might look intimidating and difficult to make, but it's not. It's only time consuming due to making the stamens but also if you choose to paint your leaves and petals which I didn't.

I used air drying clay for my stamens and once they were dry, I painted them with a green acrylic paint. When that was dry, I painted them with Glossy Accents from Ranger.

I made the petals with copy paper in pink (160 gsm), inked the edges with Distress Ink and drew the veins with a pink color pencil.

Same procedure for the leaves only I used AC Cardstock for them.


With all the handling of the petals and leaves when wrapping their wires in floral tape, they will become a bit wrinkled but I think that only adds a more natural look to them. Nature isn't perfect 😊



So now I have a beautiful Poinsettia that I won't kill by draught or overwatering and I can use it year after year. 

Now THAT is perfect!



Comments

  1. You did an amazing job.. Does look real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Thrilled that it isn't just me that think so :D

      Delete
    2. Your Poinsettia turned out beautiful. You are one very talented lady.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts