Picture Perfect Christmas Tree

 As lots of people, I really love this time of year and with Halloween over, I'm all in on Christmas.

For me, Christmas is kinda like the light in the dark. That is also why I love making all kinds of luminaries, candleholders and tealight holders. I can't get enough of the warm light from a candle.

I just don't trust myself around living candles. I'm so affraid to forget to put it out, so I use LED candles and fairy lights for my luminaries. The only living candle I have, is a countdown to Christmas that we burn a little bit each day until Christmas Eve.

I live in Denmark.....up North in Scandinavia and it gets really dark, really early this time of year, so what better to make than a Luminary.

When I saw Simply Crafty SVGs darling Christmas Tree Luminary, I instantly knew what I wanted to make with it. It just turned out to be somewhat lesser simple than I anticipated 😆


This is the Tree made in 50% of the original and it was very easy to assemble BUT......

It's also half a tree meaning the back side is flat or in my case missing. This required the small braincells to worky overtime as I needed to make glue flaps on each side of the panels and I needed to make the top part of the tree fit the middle part (you will know what I'm talking about if you've seen the tutorial)

As if this wasn't enough, I also needed to make a whole in the background for the tree to fit into. After many many many tries, I gave up, contacted Sandy of Simply Crafty SVGs and she provided me with the measurements. Now I was ready to assemble the whole thing and install the fairy lights:


I used a Tim Holtz Ideaology Tiny Light inside the tree and taped the cord, the string and the switch onto the back side of the picture. Easy accessible for a battery change.

For the tree I used a smooth mint colored cardstock 160 gsm and Majestic Pearl Paper in a dark green. For the base I used AC Cardstock + Majestic Pearl Paper and for the star I used the same cardstock as the for the tree and a piece of pink Glitter Paper.

The background paper is Prima's Santa Baby Christmas paper and the flowers and bling are also from Prima.

The frame is designed by Lori Whitlock and I found it in the Silhouette Design Store design ID: #26222.

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a message below before you go and have a fantastic day

💜





Comments

  1. Det er da lidt vildt. Tænkte hvordan man dog fik det ned i en kuvert, men svaret kom, når man fik læst det hele,. Der er noget der siger mig, at man skal have meget tålmodighed, når man begynder med noget, som du viser. Men hvor må du glæde dig over besværet, når du tænker og nyder lyset der skinner ud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusind tak Kirsten :-) Ja det er noget pilleri men som du selv siger så er glæden stor når det lykkes :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts