Is it Halloween yet?

 It's August once again - the last month of Summer and I'm soooo ready for fall. All this heat just isn't me. I'm a Fall/Winter girl and.....isn't it time for Halloween? 😁

Well my calendar says it's close and I need to prepare if I want to have a few new additions to my HUGE collection of Halloween decor. Well most is boxed cause I haven't got room for it all and it's not as fun now the boys are older. But this Mom still wants to decorate for the spooky holiday.

So this weekend I've been having lots of fun making this weird, quirky and funny Halloween decoration:


I haven't named it cause I wouldn't know what to call it. I just got inspired from all around and the rest was up to my weird imagination 😏
My kids are already calling it ugly but I have a love the for the grim and odd things.

This peculiar flower arrangement is made from the Santa Bowl designed by Simply Crafty SVGs and flowers from Maison Gregoria.

The bowl is pretty much the same as the original. I just used G45 Halloween papers from the Midnight Tales collection and changed out the gold buckle with a Tim Holtz Jolly Roger Adornment.

The flowers I used are the Anastasia Spider Mum which I cut from orange Ton Papier 130 gsm and chalked with soft pastels in a brown color. Unfortunately the leaves are not that visible but those are cut from brown Ton Papier 130 gsm and also chalked with soft pastels but in a green, brown and red color.

I also used the Rudbeckia Chim Chiminee which I cut from black and red Ton Papier 130 gsm. I chalked the black petals slightly with white soft pastels. I painted the spun cotton ball that was cut in half, with red acrylic paint and glued an eye from Tim Holtz onto each center. Looks kinda cute I think.

Too give the decoration a bit of a eerie look, I cut some petals from the Laetitia flower as they look like skeleton leaves. These are also chalked with a bit of white soft pastels. I also made two small Ivy branches which are cut from green ton papier 130 gsm and chalked with brown, dark green, clay and red soft pastels.

Finally I added some Tim Holtz embellishments (gravestones, Zombie Hand and green tiny lights) here and there and then it was done.




So what do you think of my wacky decoration? Please let me know in a comment below and join me again soon for more weirdness 👻😈

Thanks for visiting - untill next time 💜








Comments

  1. I love your Halloween creations!!! They linger in my mind and come back to haunt me whispering make me, make me
    (try to make me). Those Laetitia flowers - I need a bouquet. Awesome job as usual, Helle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts